Pastor Yatta and his team organised a meal in Freetown and one in Kono. He wrote:
I am sending you this Report to say thank you, thank you and thank you again for putting SMILES in the faces of the children. This is the 2nd. Year we have under take this wonderful project of Feeding the Children within this Christmas holiday in our community. We ask them to come at 2 pm they started coming at 9 am. You can see the excitement on their faces. We planned for 100 kids we had 123. Many more where standing at the gate wanting to come. We have to close the gate, they stood outside crying and begging.
Too much hunger in this country – parent cannot afford to feed their children. We also bought some training equipment and gave them gifts. Watch the photos..
David Sandi organised a meal in Kono for about 300 Ahkom pupils and poor local children.
We thought it’d be over in an hour or so but they kept on coming. Fortunately there was ample food for even those remaining poor kids who gingerly made their entrance over three hours later.
See the anguish on the faces of the senior secondary pupils when we asked them to please wait for the younger ones and guest children to receive first service. They were assured there was food and drink aplenty for all accompanied by relevant Xmas bible story. Don’t know if I managed to calm their salivating nerves. Tell me if you think I did.
Except the Lord build we labour in vain that tries to build ….
For 20 years the Lord has been using us to build the Christian community church Mission SL. In Freetown and Kono.
We celebrated 20 years of existence last September – By the grace of God we have been able to established 9 churches. 5 with there own erected buildings. A National Youth Ministry with many in the university and a formidable National Women Fellowship. WOMEN OF GRACE.
We had a meeting as a senior council which is the highest decision making body of the mission and came up with the following resolution as a way forward for the mission…..
1. That the General Overseer Rev. Yatta Samura should do more regular visit to the kono ministry.
2. That we buy a bike for the National Evangelist and Church Planter. (Rev Yatta Samura, Rev. James Marcarthy and the Freetown Church provides the bike by April.
3. That we put together a Training School to train our Pastors in house. On the 14th December we are traveling to Kono for a week to kick start the training of about 35 pastors and Leaders.
4. That we celebrate big time next year to bring together all of our churches and our International partners for the celebration. We hope we Will have representative from you guys.
5. That the Freetown Church building project kick start as that will be the blessing for the rest of the ministry
6. That a National Youth Camp and a National Women Retreat start by 2019.
7.That a National Convention be held every 2 years. For fellowship, Reports and posting.
We reflect back to 2004 when we first meet you and how far the Lord has use you guys to give us a big push us to where we are today.
Somebody says – Life’s most Important question is: “What are you doing for others”?
But you have done so much for us and for that we are grateful.
There is so much opportunity and open doors for ministry in this country which I believed we must take advantage of now while it last.
You are not only blessing us but you are also appreciating God for his Goodness to you.
We are now in the schools to help teach and develop sports. We have had open doors and cooperation with the teachers and administration. We are also working in opening sports clubs in the schools for recreation, Evangelism and Discipleship.
In November 16th -17th we are bringing 8 primary schools in the Godrich community for competition. For the past 3 years government has stop all sporting activities in schools because of violence. But they have trusted us to do it. We have started meeting with the schools. We pray and hope that all goes well.
Last year we had a Youth Camp. It was a real blessing to many of the kids especially those who came from the mudslide and that was badly effected. Registration has started . planing for 300 children.
Since after the Election Sierra Leone has never been the same, things are very difficult and cost of living has gone way up. In December we are planing a Feeding program for the children we are working with. 6 – 15 yrs. About one hundred. (100)
1. The Pastors Training in December. To be a blessing to the Pastor of our mission.
2. Sports Life School program for open doors with the administered.
3.Primary schools competition in November for 8 schools for fellowship and recreation and also to exhibit their talents.
4.Feeding program, to give the children a Christmas treat.
5. The Church building project in Freetown. As we work in securing the Land. To make the right decision. Stay Blessed
Isaiah 43: 1-4. The Lord promise that he will be with us in whatever situation we go through. And thanks to you all in Oxford that are praying for us we feel encouraged. Sierra Leone has not been easy after the election things are really going down but our God remained faithful.
After the Election a lot of atrocity and killing are taking place. Political revenged. This is not good for Sierra Leone. The cost of basic commodities has gone up.
The Sierra Leone ministry is gradually growing. We are still supervising the school in Koidu. We try to keep our influence in the school to keep the Christian influence.
The Churches are doing very well. The churches in Kono has a combined service every other month to serve as encouragement into the smaller churches and to bring the churches together as one.
C3 Mssion is 20 years this year. A lot to thank God for. The God Lord has taken us this far. We are grateful to come across you on the journey and the assistance you have rendered us. Pastor Marcarthy and myself are grateful
We want to celebrate next year but in September this year we are planing a Thanksgiving together in Kono. Freetown will go to Kono. If any one of you can come it will be good to be part of it. We would value your support for transportation and feeding. Waiting for pastor Marcarthy to put the details together.
The mission is also planning to organize trainings for our pastors and Elders.
Sports Life. The work is schools is growing. We are training coaches to work with the school and establishing clubs in the school. We have gone to Kabala to start a new work Ibrahim Koroma is overseeing the work. Kabala is in the North of Sierra Leone. To start in August.
The mission is undertaking a big project which the mission is praying that it come to reality. The church project in Freetown which we see as strategic for the growth and stability of our mission.
Every week coaching in schools and communities are on going. The community coaching is growing as more and more children keep coming. More need for sporting equipments, balls and footwear.
We are grateful to God for many children in our churches were able to make it to university. Three graduated also from university this year and have got jobs.
Victoria Kadie Kamara. One child I started looking after since she was 1 yr old enter the Medical school this year to do medicine. I am very grateful to God. It is expensive but God is faithful. Thank you for your prayer support and assistance. We are grateful
1. Thank God for my daughter Kadie Kamara to be able to make it to the medical school.
2. Thank God for the new work starting in KABALA. For the feasibility study that is going now.
3. Thank God with us for 20 years of existence. And how far God has taken us.
4. Pray for for the thanks giving in September.
5. Pray for the church building project in Freetown on the way.
6. Pray for our on going coaching program in schools and communities.
7. Pray for the training of our pastors and elders as it commences in September for success.
Pastor Yatta sharing a smile with Joni and Paddy, both of whom have visited him in Sierra Leone, where Paddy ended up coaching the Sierra Leone National Cricket team!
We hosted Pastor Yatta and friends to puddings cheese and wine on Friday evening, 16th March 2018 in St Andrews Parish Room. Vicky and Nic Russell who were recent visitors to Sierra Leone gave an enthusiastic presentation of their visit. Nic as a first time visitor said he intends to return before long. Pastor Yatta spoke in his usual inspirational and gracious manner. The event photographs below depict a wonderful atmosphere which was the key word used in feedback over the last few days.
Pastor Yatta spoke briefly at all the St Andrews services on Sunday 18th March 2018. His message was one of thanks for the financial support during the mudslides and flooding. He spoke of how his ministry had supported survivors with food, shelter and community. Pastor Yatta spoke of hope for Sierra Leone despite the mudslides, despite Ebola and despite the civil war. There was much opportunity for conversation, laughter, friendship and fellowship both before and after the services.
I am very happy that the good Lord has crossed us over to 2018.
2017 was a difficult and challenging year to the people of this nation. The year 2017 brought pain and tears to many families due to the flooding and mudslides in August. Latterly austerity was declared by the government.
Our Theme this year…. THE POWER OF CHANGE.
We strongly believe that the face of our ministry our country will definitely change this year for good. As we celebrate 20 Years of existence at the Christian Community Church.
Politically Sierra Leone is changing and on the 7th March Sierra Leone is going to the polls. This Election has the potential to bring unrest to this nation and tension is mounting. In our small country we have over 16 political parties. We have set up a prayer group, to pray specifically for a fear free and credible Election.
Freetown… Our cry and pain is in regard to accommodation. We are having serious problem with the present place we are meeting for church and office.
- For a peaceful Election and a God-fearing leader that will move this nation forward.
- For the church building project in Freetown.
- For the School and community Training project.
- For 6 good and committed coaches for Sports Mission.
- For the 16 children that are supported by Yatta who pays their school fees etc.
- For the child feeding program and for external support.
- For the 20 years celebration this year and for God’s provision.
- For the February / March visits by Oxford friends to Sierra Leone.
- For Pastor Yatta’s visit to the USA in late February and to the UK in March.