[From Pastor Yatta via WhatsApp]
CHRISTIAN COMMUNITY CHURCH MISSION
SIERRA LEONE.. MINISTRY UPDATE
It has never seem to astonished me how fast a year can go by… 2020 went so fast and painful to the the world.
The saying is true “A day feels like a lifetime and a lifetime feels like a day.”
This is a time to allow us to reflect on what the good Lord has been doing for us in Sierra Leone in the past year and to look forward to what he is going to continue to do through us as we work faithfully with him.
Our Theme for 2020 was ” EXPECT THE BEST’ Is a. 43: 18 -19.
- New members keep adding to the churches. All the branches add together disciple and baptized 36 New members.
- Some of our members got employment in midst of this difficult time with coronvirus when everything is closed down. God provided for them.
- We got 5 marriages and more on the way. Our youth are settling down. Making New families in the church.
- Thank you very much for the vehicle you help us to get, very handy useful and serviceable. It is indeed a blessing to the ministry.
- Some of our young people were able to make it to university. A very big achievement for the church.
- In the midst of COVID 19 none of our members are touch. We are all safe by the grace of God even though I lost few friends outside of the church.
- Starting a new congregation at MAMBO West of Freetown. A very big and New community that has a lot of potential for growth.We are doing effective outreach. God has provided the place a very big school hall. We are only working in paying the rent and buying few equipment to kick start the church. We are hoping to officially start in April or May.
- The children we sent to school did very well in their promotional exam. We are grateful to God for them.
- We indeed licensed and Ordained near pastors.
- Our National Training School progressing both for Freetown and Kono. Since we cannot afford to send pastors to bible college at the moment. I am moving around with some other pastors form MISSION to help in the training. I will be in Kono next week for 2 weeks.
- Children Feeding program… This is something the children are looking forward to every year. Thank you very much for the necessary provisions. This is bringing us and the community closer together.
- The Church left the building….. When church meetings were stopped . The Church left the building but we were meeting on whatsapp and zoom. Those who don’t have android phone. We have to call them every day. Some still don’t have phone so we can’t reach them. We indeed have to keep in touch with our members. Thank God no one got missing.
- Marriage couple Retreat… I am planning a marriage couple Retreat. To bring them together. To keep the marriages going. Too many divorce now in this country pray for the funds
- SPORTS restrictions has again been lifted so we have started our school training program
- Community Training is on going. God is opening new doors
- We are still working with our national Teams and other SPORTS Disciplines. We are having bible studies and prayer meetings with them.
- Accident… A whole team of 18 players and 6 officers got an accident lost 1 players and 3 officials. The rest are in critical condition. I called a prayer meeting for them and was well attended. I will pass by to see the team management when going to Kono next week. The FA is helping those in thee hospital. They value our prayers. FIFA has banned our national stadium because of poor facility. All of our International Matches will be played in Guinea close to us. Ebola has started in Guinea we pray it will not cross the boundary. When Coronvirus is devastating us already.
- Pray for church growth. That the churches will continue to grow spiritually and in number.
- For God to provide for the families that has made it to university.
- For the church planting in MAMBO for the necessary to pay both the rent and the necessary equipment
- The marriage retreat seminar….. for God to keep the marriages going. And to provide the funds for the seminar
- For more open doors for our school program. And more volunteers. We are getting more that we can handle.
- I will be in Kono next week for about 2 week for a wedding and pastors and leadership training. Pray for it effectiveness .The total cost 30 pounds a day that is the cheapest.
- Our work with the National Team for wisdom and the right spirit and for the to understand who Jesus is them.
Thank you very much for you Partnership in the gospel from the first day until now. You have indeed share love to us and we are grateful Thank you.
Pastor Yatta Samura