Except the Lord build we labour in vain that tries to build ….
For 20 years the Lord has been using us to build the Christian community church Mission SL. In Freetown and Kono.
We celebrated 20 years of existence last September – By the grace of God we have been able to established 9 churches. 5 with there own erected buildings. A National Youth Ministry with many in the university and a formidable National Women Fellowship. WOMEN OF GRACE.
We had a meeting as a senior council which is the highest decision making body of the mission and came up with the following resolution as a way forward for the mission…..
1. That the General Overseer Rev. Yatta Samura should do more regular visit to the kono ministry.
2. That we buy a bike for the National Evangelist and Church Planter. (Rev Yatta Samura, Rev. James Marcarthy and the Freetown Church provides the bike by April.
3. That we put together a Training School to train our Pastors in house. On the 14th December we are traveling to Kono for a week to kick start the training of about 35 pastors and Leaders.
4. That we celebrate big time next year to bring together all of our churches and our International partners for the celebration. We hope we Will have representative from you guys.
5. That the Freetown Church building project kick start as that will be the blessing for the rest of the ministry
6. That a National Youth Camp and a National Women Retreat start by 2019.
7.That a National Convention be held every 2 years. For fellowship, Reports and posting.
We reflect back to 2004 when we first meet you and how far the Lord has use you guys to give us a big push us to where we are today.
Somebody says – Life’s most Important question is: “What are you doing for others”?
But you have done so much for us and for that we are grateful.
There is so much opportunity and open doors for ministry in this country which I believed we must take advantage of now while it last.
You are not only blessing us but you are also appreciating God for his Goodness to you.
We are now in the schools to help teach and develop sports. We have had open doors and cooperation with the teachers and administration. We are also working in opening sports clubs in the schools for recreation, Evangelism and Discipleship.
In November 16th -17th we are bringing 8 primary schools in the Godrich community for competition. For the past 3 years government has stop all sporting activities in schools because of violence. But they have trusted us to do it. We have started meeting with the schools. We pray and hope that all goes well.
Last year we had a Youth Camp. It was a real blessing to many of the kids especially those who came from the mudslide and that was badly effected. Registration has started . planing for 300 children.
Since after the Election Sierra Leone has never been the same, things are very difficult and cost of living has gone way up. In December we are planing a Feeding program for the children we are working with. 6 – 15 yrs. About one hundred. (100)
1. The Pastors Training in December. To be a blessing to the Pastor of our mission.
2. Sports Life School program for open doors with the administered.
3.Primary schools competition in November for 8 schools for fellowship and recreation and also to exhibit their talents.
4.Feeding program, to give the children a Christmas treat.
5. The Church building project in Freetown. As we work in securing the Land. To make the right decision. Stay Blessed